The news millions of Disney fans around the world have been waiting for was officially announced today. Walt Disney World’s theme parks will be reopening soon!! Although we will still have to wait a little while longer, it’s great to finally have some official information on the phased reopening of the parks.
Here is what you need to know:
- Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be opening, with limited capacity, on July 11th, 2020.
- Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be opening, with limited capacity, on July 15th, 2020.
- Parades, fireworks and other nighttime spectaculars, and character meet and greets will be suspended until further notice.
- A new theme park reservation system will be implemented. Guests will be required to make an advance reservation in order to enter a theme park. Annual Passholders and guests with existing tickets will have the opportunity to make reservations before new park tickets will be made available for purchase. As a result, all new ticket sales are currently suspended.
- Theme park attendance will be limited, as will the number of reservations available for each park each day.
- Prior to entering the parks, all guests and Cast Members will be required to undergo a temperature screening.
- All guests (3 years of age and older) and Cast Members must wear a mask or other appropriate face covering while in the parks at all times, except while eating or drinking.
- Appropriate physical distancing between groups must be maintained at all times.
- Physical distancing will also be required in all attraction queues.
- Mobile ordering will be expanded, and cashless payments are strongly recommended.
- Frequent hand washing/sanitization is strongly recommended. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the parks.
- High traffic areas will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
Additional health and safety measures may be added in the coming weeks, so all information provided today is subject to change.
Disney Vacation Club resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Lodge and Campground will reopen on June 22nd. More resort openings will be announced at a later date.
What are your thoughts on today’s announcement? Are you looking forward to getting back into the parks as soon as they reopen, or will you wait a while to plan your next WDW visit? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
As always, be sure to click the “Follow” button on this site so you can be notified immediately when a new blog post is published. Also, if you aren’t doing so already, be sure to follow us on social media so you can stay up to date on all of our Disney adventures.
XOXO, Halie and Danny